If you woke up today bored and restless before you even managed to pull yourself out of bed, you might need a shot of reinvention. Lucky you. Jane Pauley has a jolt for your imagination. In Your Life Calling: Reimagining the Rest of Your Life, Ms. Pauley has combined a self-effacing personal memoir (her second) […]
Book ReviewsRSS feed for this section
Don’t let the title fool you. This book’s value is not limited only to those who are moved to reinvent themselves as Benefactors – Encorists or otherwise. Wherever you might be on your journey of midlife change, Marci Alboher’s Encore Career Handbook will reveal a variety of destinations, specific routes, and detailed directions. This is a […]
in Book Reviews
For most of my life I thought of retirement as something people did when they were too worn out to do anything else. Retirement meant having nothing important to do and nobody important interested in what you did. It was the end of things. You retired when you could finally afford to leave work that […]
About The Author
I’m Rick Barlow, and I’ve created The Rest of Your Life because I am drawn to stories of personal change and reinvention. They fascinate me. So I’ve decided to make a place where I can collect, explore and share these stories, and provide information to people interested in creating change in their own lives.
- Expatriate Living: The Total Life Transplant May 4, 2013
- How to Fail as an Entrepreneur March 25, 2013
- Benefactors: Living to Serve July 3, 2011
- Imagine You Renewed April 27, 2014
- What and Why? July 21, 2013
- Midlife Makeover: The Writer Is In July 20, 2013
- Rick Barlow: Hi Leliu, You sound like you've figured out how ...
- Leliu: Hi Rick, I like the information here. I am an ad...
- Rick Barlow: Sounds exciting, all that reinventing. Glad you li...