When I was 17, I read Jack Kerouac’s “On The Road.” Travel was never the same for me again. Up to that point, trips were all about the destination. The journey itself was something to be endured, hours of boredom and distraction over pre-interstate two-lane highways or steel rails. Even the destinations were limited to […]
About The Author
I’m Rick Barlow, and I’ve created The Rest of Your Life because I am drawn to stories of personal change and reinvention. They fascinate me. So I’ve decided to make a place where I can collect, explore and share these stories, and provide information to people interested in creating change in their own lives.
- Expatriate Living: The Total Life Transplant May 4, 2013
- How to Fail as an Entrepreneur March 25, 2013
- Benefactors: Living to Serve July 3, 2011
- Imagine You Renewed April 27, 2014
- What and Why? July 21, 2013
- Midlife Makeover: The Writer Is In July 20, 2013
- Rick Barlow: Hi Leliu, You sound like you've figured out how ...
- Leliu: Hi Rick, I like the information here. I am an ad...
- Rick Barlow: Sounds exciting, all that reinventing. Glad you li...