“It’s good to be da king.” (Mel Brooks, The History of the World, Part I) How would your life be different if you woke up every day as the Chief Executive Officer and owner of your own company? What would it be like to be the boss, making the decisions and creating your own business […]
I became a Postgraduate 13 years ago when I agreed to help my son make a movie, a feature-length independent film. I didn’t know the first thing about making a movie. Neither did he, but I assumed we could figure it out. At that point, I had owned my own marketing services business for 17 […]
Some people have a calling to help others. These Benefactors learn it or discover it or seek it, and they feel it strongly. Sometimes this emerges early in life and shapes a person’s life completely, determining his vocation or career. Sometimes it wraps around the margins of life, filling in the empty spaces of time […]
About The Author
I’m Rick Barlow, and I’ve created The Rest of Your Life because I am drawn to stories of personal change and reinvention. They fascinate me. So I’ve decided to make a place where I can collect, explore and share these stories, and provide information to people interested in creating change in their own lives.
- Expatriate Living: The Total Life Transplant May 4, 2013
- How to Fail as an Entrepreneur March 25, 2013
- Benefactors: Living to Serve July 3, 2011
- Imagine You Renewed April 27, 2014
- What and Why? July 21, 2013
- Midlife Makeover: The Writer Is In July 20, 2013
- Rick Barlow: Hi Leliu, You sound like you've figured out how ...
- Leliu: Hi Rick, I like the information here. I am an ad...
- Rick Barlow: Sounds exciting, all that reinventing. Glad you li...