Marc Freedman of Encore.org is leading a kind of “do-gooder revolution,” aimed at convincing Baby Boomers to atone in advance for their predicted future drain on society’s resources. In his book, The Big Shift: Navigating the New Stage Beyond Midlife, Marc envisions a 21st Century wave of social transformation as Baby Boomers shift their focus from self to society. Challenging […]
Some people have a calling to help others. These Benefactors learn it or discover it or seek it, and they feel it strongly. Sometimes this emerges early in life and shapes a person’s life completely, determining his vocation or career. Sometimes it wraps around the margins of life, filling in the empty spaces of time […]
About The Author
I’m Rick Barlow, and I’ve created The Rest of Your Life because I am drawn to stories of personal change and reinvention. They fascinate me. So I’ve decided to make a place where I can collect, explore and share these stories, and provide information to people interested in creating change in their own lives.
- Expatriate Living: The Total Life Transplant May 4, 2013
- How to Fail as an Entrepreneur March 25, 2013
- Benefactors: Living to Serve July 3, 2011
- Imagine You Renewed April 27, 2014
- What and Why? July 21, 2013
- Midlife Makeover: The Writer Is In July 20, 2013
- Rick Barlow: Hi Leliu, You sound like you've figured out how ...
- Leliu: Hi Rick, I like the information here. I am an ad...
- Rick Barlow: Sounds exciting, all that reinventing. Glad you li...